Watch The Recording:
The recording from Episode 80 will be available soon.
We thank you for your patience.
Influencer News Update:
- Instagram Adds Dark Mode on the Latest Version of iOS and Android Article by Andrew Hutchinson [source = Social Media Today]
- Instagram is the most recent social app to add a ‘Dark Mode’ option to its platform.
- This new update is available for iOS 13 & Android 10
- The new dark mode switches Instagram to a black background which causes less strain on the eyes in low light conditions.
- Using dark mode when available (on ANY platform) has shown to have significant health benefits
- Health benefits broken down:
- In general, using your phone at night without a blue filter or dark mode is not a good idea.
- Smartphone screens give off a blue light to make them visible even on the sunniest days.
- When it is night, your brain becomes confused by the light as it imitates the brightness of the sun.
- This confusion causes your brain to stop producing melatonin and makes it even harder to fall asleep.
- When the blue light ruins sleep schedules, this can lead to or increase the risk of many health issues such as damage to the retina, cataracts, depression, and even higher chances of breast and prostate cancer.
- Blue light, while disrupting melatonin and sleep, can also interfere with the hormones that control hunger. This can potentially lead to increased risks of obesity or weight gain.
- Dark Mode has been one of the most requested features on the app.
- Instagram explained that they have been working around a coding issue that was keeping them from implementing it into the site.
- However, since the new updates on iOS, its now available for use!
- Instagram provides insight into the more technical elements of the new dark mode feature on the Instagram Engineering Blog.
- The addition of this feature means that it is now available on Messenger, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. It is still in the early stages of development for Facebook as well.
- This feature is awesome because it gives your favorite social apps a NEW look while also having health benefits.
About the Influencer Guest(s):
This week’s Influencer Guest, Chris Vaughan (President of Sequence Consulting), creates award-winning marketing strategies that change the game. He is an expert on membership and engagement marketing, helping forward-thinking organizations around the world innovate and transform for growth. Some of his clients include AARP, the American Medical Association, and industry leaders in Asia and South America. Chris believes disruptive trends like social networks, longevity, and the on-demand economy present unprecedented opportunities where his clients can win.
Listen to the Podcast:
Subscribe to Podcast:
Connect WITH us on Social Media:
- Dean DeLisle
- Jackson DeLisle
- Monica Hacker
Theme Music Produced by Sonixphere
Video Production by Social Jack™ Productions
Social Media Engagement by Social Jack™ Influencer Team
Voice-Over by Laila Wenrich