Watch The Recording:
Influencer News Update:
- LinkedIn Begins Rolling Out its Own Version of Reactions for Posts [article by Andrew Hutchinson via Social Media Today]
- Last November, social media code hacker Jane Manchun Wong spotted LinkedIn’s first tests of its own version of Reactions.
- This is similar to Facebook’s emoji response tool which allows you to express more emotions that the original “thumbs up”.
- LinkedIn has officially announced the arrival of the tool which looks slightly different to the test version, but its functionality is exactly like Facebook’s.
- As of right now, LinkedIn has yet to give it another name. Once Facebook stole stories from Snapchat, it was open season for functional replication.
- Facebook started the “News Feed” and now all platforms have a variation of it.
- Once Facebook stopped trying to cover up the fact that they had taken the idea for stories from Snapchat, everyone realized that it is okay to share great ideas for new features.
- Since the test, they have decided to replace some of the emojis with other, more popular, ones. They have also provided a full overview of their process in choosing the reactions.
- Eventually they settled on the five that are currently available: Like, Celebrate, Love, Insightful, and Curious.
- Now you can react to LinkedIn posts in the mobile app just like on Facebook.
Social Jack Power Move:
- Getting in the News
Influencer Interview Guest(s):
Listen to the Podcast:
- Social Jack™ Influence Factory
- Every Wednesday @ 12:00pm CT
Subscribe to Podcast:
Connect WITH us on Social Media:
Congratulations to our Engagement Winner This Week: