Watch The Recording:
- 12 Tips on How to Work with Social Platform Algorithms to Maximize Performance
- All of the algorithm updates make it “increasingly difficult” for marketers and businesses to reach their audiences organically.
- Facebook noted, in a privately held webinar, that the newest algorithm would prioritize content that:
- ) Sparks engagement, such as…
- Boosts engagement on publisher posts, Triggers Engagement between users within the comments (both on videos and publisher posts), or Is shared over Facebook Messenger to start a conversation with a group of friends
- The Solution: The more that your posts spark engagement/inspire discussion, the more likely Facebook will be to consider them relevant or meaningful and prioritize them in feeds.
- Since Instagram is owned by Facebook, it is safe to assume that the algorithm is pretty similar.
- Do Facebook Page Likes Still Matter?
- Only 5 years ago, marketing on Facebook began with the simple action of liking a Facebook Page. Since then, social media marketing has evolved into a much more complicated process.
- Some of the metrics that were important then are no longer relevant today, especially considering that Facebook’s newest News Feed algorithm has tanked business pages’ organic reach.
- One study that was conducted showed that only 1% of users who like a brand on Facebook actually visit that brands Facebook page. However, users spend the majority of the time in the news feed.
- This article equates “banking on page likes to drive business results” to “being obsessed with a car that can’t take you anywhere”.
Influencer Development Lesson:
Special Influencer Guest:
Listen to the Podcast:
- Social Jack™ Influence Factory
- Every Wednesday @ 12:00pm CT
- How to Convert LinkedIn Connections to Clients
- Thursday, Oct. 11th @ 11:00am CT
- Blockchain Summit Chicago
- Friday, October 19, 2018 from 8:00am-5:00pm CT
- How to be a Business Influencer Workshop & Training Event
- Thursday, October 25, 2018 from 1:00pm-7:00pm CT
Subscribe to Podcast:
Connect WITH us on Social Media:
Congratulations to our Engagement Winners This Week:
- VJ Liberatori
- Doug Sheehan