During the session, we covered the following:
- Snapchat Context Cards for Reviews, Business Info, and actions
- Partnering with several services including OpenTable and Lyft to launch something new called Context Cards
- These location-based cards bring relevant information like business hours, reviews, contact information, and travel options to Snapchat
- Provide actionable information right in the app
- Target to License the Pinterest Lens technology
- In a multi-year deal, Target will embed Pinterest’s visual search feature in its apps and will commit to spend an undisclosed amount on Pinterest ads
- People registering gift ideas for their new baby, new home or wedding can use Lens to scan objects in the real world and be shown a list of similar products sold by Target.
- Pinterest said earlier this year that it plans to place ads within Lens results in its app
- LinkedIn is rolling out Snapchat-style geofilters for events and conferences
- Allows event attendees to add Snapchat-style filters to videos they create within the LinkedIn app
- New filters are meant to encourage the professional networking site’s users to share “their authentic first person views of work.”
- They are tightly controlling which events will be able to take advantage of the location-based filters
- LinkedIn to launch Talent Insights, a new analytics tool
- A self-service, big data analytics product that will let recruiters make deeper queries into statistics for hiring and employment, based on LinkedIn data
- Will let recruiters search on different parameters related to specific jobs that they may want to fill
- Dive into recruitment patterns at your own company and your competitors — including a look at what skills are growing the fastest and which cities employees are living in
Lesson of the Week:
- How to CORRECTLY use Facebook groups to grow your business?
- Check your LinkedIn numbers
To learn more about new topics and interesting ideas, see Dean’s Twitter feed.
Remember you can submit all questions in advance of each coaching session by e-mailing our Help Desk.