Watch The Recording:
Influencer News Update:
- Facebook Finally Launches its ‘Clear History’ Tool, Starting in Ireland, South Korea and Spain Article by Andrew Hutchinson via Social Media Today
- Facebook has been promising a ‘clear history’ tool for some time and we are finally getting closer to it.
- This tool will enable users to see the websites and apps that send information to Facebook, remove the information from their account, and revoke Facebook’s ability to store that data going forward.
- Facebook Explained:
- “Today we’re introducing a new way to view and control your off-Facebook activity. Off-Facebook Activity lets you see a summary of the apps and websites that send us information about your activity, and clear this information from your account if you want to. This is another way to give people more transparency and control on Facebook, along with recent updates to our Ad Library, updates to “Why am I seeing this ad?” and the launch of a new feature called “Why am I seeing this post?”.”
- The tool will give users more power to manage how their data is utilized by Facebook and Advertisers.
- Marketing Land pointed out that the tool does nothing of real value since it does not actually delete the information, it just disconnects it from your profile.
- Facebook promised this tool last May at the 2019 F8 Conference during the time of the Cambridge Analytica scandal.
- Users have been calling for more insight into how their personal data is being utilized and what specifically Facebook is tracking.
- This tool will have some impact on Facebook’s ad targeting tools. How much will it impact? That will be determined by how many users take the option to delete their history from Facebook.
About the Influencer Guest(s):
This week’s Influencer Guest, Karen Freberg is an associate professor in strategic communication at the University of Louisville, where she teaches and conducts research in social media, strategic communication, and crisis communication. Freberg is the author of three books, including her latest titled Social media for strategic communication: Creative strategies and research-based applications. Freberg applies her knowledge in social media and PR by working with brands and companies such as Adobe, HubSpot, Hootsuite, Breeders’ Cup, DHS, General Motors.
Listen to the Podcast:
Subscribe to Podcast:
Connect WITH us on Social Media:
- Dean DeLisle
- Jackson DeLisle
- Monica Hacker
Theme Music Produced by Sonixphere
Video Production by Social Jack™ Productions
Social Media Engagement by Social Jack™ Influencer Team
Voice-Over by Laila Wenrich