Watch The Recording:
Influencer News Update:
- Why You Shouldn’t Put All Your Focus on Only One Social Media Network Article by Dhariana Lozano [source = SocialMediaToday.com]
- With both, Instagram and Facebook, going down for over 10 hours last week, everyone ran to Twitter to see what was happening.
- In today’s world, brands and influencers rely on these platforms to generate income, so when they go down it sparks panic.
- This is a perfect example of why you shouldn’t put all of your focus and energy on only one social media platform.
- Whether you are an Influencer or a Brand, it is completely normal to have one platform perform better than others. If this is the case, it may be valuable to your brand to spend more time on that one.
- That being said, it is perfectly acceptable to quit a social media network if you see zero return from it.
- However, you should spread your following across multiple platforms. If you are only on Instagram, and that goes down for 10+ hours, now you have lost an entire day basically. Since Instagram and Facebook are owned by Facebook, they were both down.
- When this happened, many influencers took to Twitter to let their audiences know what was happening and keep in touch.
- Aside from an additional social media platform, building an email list can be essential to building your following. It is amazing how many people have huge followings and no email lists.
- This is a good idea because if any platforms shut down, all of your followers are gone too. Building an email list allows you to keep that connection without relying on those networks.
- When a network goes down, check to see if it is everyone or just you. You can check at https://downdetector.com/
- If it is down for the day, you can do one of two things: #1. Take some time away from social media, or #2. Get to work on another social media platform.
- There is no single path to success, everyone’s process is different and every brand using social will be different, with different strategies and tactics for each one.
Watch the Influencer News UPDATE on YouTube
Social Jack Power Move:
- Scouting & Drafting
Influencer Interview Guest(s):
Watch the Influencer Interview on YouTube
Listen to the Podcast:
Subscribe to Podcast:
Connect WITH us on Social Media:
Congratulations to our Engagement Winners This Week:
Nina Christine & Bill Egan